WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for anybody who wants to advance their first aid skills and anybody who works in the care industry. Who would like to know how to administer oxygen when and why?
WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE?
Oxygen is used as a medical treatment in both chronic and acute cases, and can be used in hospital, Pre-hospital or entirely out of hospital, Dependant on the needs of the casualty and their medical professionals opinions.
- Explain the benefits of oxygen therapy
- Identify indications for use of oxygen
- Explain contraindications prohibiting the use of oxygen
- Explain the dangers of using compressed gas
- Outline the safety rules for use storage and handling
- Carry out operation checks in preparation for use
- Identify when oxygen therapy is required
- Administer oxygen using the required flow rate
- Be able to administer oxygen to a patient
This qualification is assessed through a practical skills assessment and demonstration throughout the course.
Candidates need a good command of English.
Successful candidates receive a Ofqual certificate, This certificate has a 3 year validation period. Re-qualification is to attend and successfully complete the same leaning programme.