WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
The Harness Inspection Training Course is aimed at an appointed person within the business who is tasked with carrying out the statutory inspections that are legally required on harnesses and lanyards and associated products. Harness Inspection Training will cover what damage can occur on these products and how to identify the defects. What paperwork has to be completed and kept to be legally compliant and what procedures need to be in place for disposal of failed equipment. It is required that the user has attended a Harness Inspection Training Course or Working at Height Training Course to have some experience before attending this course. The delegates on the course are assessed by a mixture of theory tests and practical exercises.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998, Working at height regulations 2005, updated 2007.
- Types and uses of harnesses. British/ European standards
- Types and uses of types of lanyards. British/ European standards
- Types and uses of different fittings, carabinas mullions etc
- Suspension trauma, causes and effects
- Detailed inspection of body harness and lanyards
- Recording of information and certification of harnesses and lanyards
- Legal requirement for record keeping
Assessment is through a theory session with power point presentation, a short- written test and practical evaluation of all equipment.
This is an in house course and will be certificated by our access trainer.
For further information, please contact us at.
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Andes Road. Nursling Industrial Estate, Southampton. SO16 0YZ Tel 02382 548555
2268B Dunbeath Road. Elgin Industrial Estate, Swindon SN2 8DP TEL 01793 236333