WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for anybody who wants awareness of the issues involved with Mental Health.
WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE?
One in four people in the UK will have a mental health problem at some time in their lifetime.
While mental health problems are common, Most are mild and tend to be short term. They can be successfully treated using professional therapists, Medication, Self-help techniques or a combination of these treatments methods.
Metal health is about how we Think , Feel and Behave.
This course covers the basic knowledge of identifying Mental Health Issues.
- Know what Mental Health Is
- Why people develop Mental Health Conditions and the role of a first aider for mental health.
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition.
- Know how to recognise and manage stress.
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions.
This qualification is assessed through a written assessment paper which you must pass to be awarded the qualification.
Candidates need a good command of English.
Successful candidates receive a Ofqual certificate, This certificate does not have a expiry date, But it is the individuals responsibility to keep up to date with current legislation. But is recommended that you undertake a refresher course within three years.