Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 2
This course meets the learning outcomes as defined in a range of nationally accredited qualifications throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Number of Delegates: Maximum 12
Duration: 1 Day
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Health and safety is a essential skill and knowledge based programme that everyone should have , whether you have a responsibility in your workplace , home or at play.
WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE?
The objective of this course is to give you a basic knowledge of health and safety, and to make you aware of legislation required by you and your employers. This course meets the learning outcomes as defined in a range of nationally accredited qualifications throughout England, Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Understand the importance of health, safety and welfare standards in the workplace.
- Know how the hazards and risks are controlled in the workplace.
- Be aware of the main causes and affects of poor health and safety at work.
- Understand how health and safety information is communicated in the workplace.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for health and safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to Health and Safety.
- Understand how to identify and control the risks from common work place hazards.
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents in the workplace.
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
Qualification is obtained by a written assessment and the end of this course. There is no requirement for re-qualification, however recommendation is that you update yourself every three years.